As part of the 64th National conference of the Association of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India at Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, a half-day Workshop will be conducted on “Hemostasis and Pathophysiology of Bleeding Disorders”.
Organized by: Melaka Manipal Medical College, Manipal
For whom: Postgraduates and junior faculty of medicine, physiology, pathology, laboratory technology or students of laboratory technology.
- Sukesh C Nair, C.M.C, Vellore
- Annamma Kurien, M.M.M.C, Manipal
- Shanthakumari, M.M.M.C, Manipal
Duration: Half day (5 hours)
Why you need to attend:
Hemostasis and coagulation are relevant to the present day practice of medicine. The concept of coagulation is complex and is not confined to the well-known “cascade”. A logical understanding of hemostasis helps one to relate the physiology to patients with abnormal bleeding. A knowledge of the sensitive techniques required to identify bleeding disorders is also the need of the hour.
This workshop aims to give a bird’s-eye view on the basics in hemostasis with an understanding of basic coagulation techniques and its interpretation in bleeding disorders.
Areas that will be covered as lectures, demonstrations and hands on training
- Normal hemostasis with recent concepts
- Pathophysiology of bleeding and disorders of bleeding
- Techniques/lab testing for bleeding disorders
- Case discussions on interpretation of lab results
- Hands on training on basic coagulation techniques
- Demonstration of specialized tests of coagulation including laboratory visit